top of page
Kupferh%C3%BCtte%20Ansicht%20Ost%20(D%C3%A4mmerung)_edited.jpg
Historie: Willkommen

HISTORY

Carlswerk in Cologne-Mülheim used to be a production site for wire, ropes and cables made of copper and aluminium. The plant was opened by Franz Carl Guilleaume in 1874.

Developed as a purely industrial location in the mid-1930s and gradually expanded through to the 1980s, Carlswerk has meanwhile evolved into an attractive urban commercial campus.

Many years ago, the first telephone cable to connect Europe and America was made here by ‘Felten & Guilleaume’. Nowadays, the contemporary premises are a very fine example of connecting historic industrial architecture and contemporary design.

The former administration, production and storage structures were extensively redeveloped to create office, loft, service, storage and/or production space. 

Historie: Text
Historie: Galerie
bottom of page